New Media Copywriter / Social Media Specialist
Acting as the voice of our clients, our resident copywriting is responsible for creating unique and engaging content for websites, and publishing the content via social media. The copywriter must familiarize themselves with our clients’ branding strategies to support ongoing marketing efforts and increasing social and SEO presence.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with existing web copy to optimize for SEO and targeted keywords.
- Creating and promoting new content.
- Aligning new content with SEO goals and client content marketing strategy.
- Copy writing editing content in a highly readable and engaging style for the clients’ targeted demographic, free from grammatical errors.
- Occasional meeting with clients.
- Posting approved blogs to social media.
- Google AdWords experience an asset.
Resident copywriters must demonstrate writing experience, the ability to engage intended audiences, and promote articles through social media. They should be experienced in writing specifically for a web-based audience as well as a basic knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) best practices.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress (Drupal an asset)
- A working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing.
- The capacity to identify social trends & implement them.
- To identify and creatively engage multiple demographic audiences.
- Attention to detail in understanding client businesses, goals, and marketing strategies.
- The ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Adapt to evolving content and online marketing strategies.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.